Xsens MTw Awinda
The Awinda radio protocol ensures time-synchronization better than 10 µs between each MTw on a wireless body area network.
The patented Awinda protocol ensures highly accurate time synchronized data sampling (within 10 μs) in all connected MTw’s, which is essential for accurate joint angles.
Some key features of the MTw Awinda are:
- Easy to integrate using extended API
- Providing highly accuratem drift-free 3D orientation data
- Data multiple MTw’s is time-synchronized to within 10μs using patented Awinda protocol
- Global 24/7 technical support
Integration with the MTw is very straightforward with the Xsens MT Software Suite. The MT Software Suite is an easy-to-use API which can be interfaced with via a COM, C and C++ interface with support for Windows and Linux.
The MTw Awinda can be used in multiple situations and for different purposes. The Awinda has applications in:
- Workplace ergonomics, virtual verification
- Healthy and Safety
- Therapy, rehabilitation, prevention, pedestrian navigation
- Injury prevention, performance science
- Biomedical analysis, gait analysis
- Virtual Reality
- Training & simulation, head tracking, gaming
- Human Machine Interaction
The MTw Awinda includes the MT Software Suite containing:
MT Manager Software
An easy-to-use graphical user interface allowing real-time view of 3D orientation and sensor data, recording of data streamed from the MTw’s through the Awinda Station and export to ASCII files for further analysis.
Software Development Kit
The SDK gives direct and real-time access to the output of the MTw motion trackers, allowing users to configure and easily integrate the MTw’s in their own applications.
It includes drivers for various operating systems, documentation and various other useful tools. Communication is made easy with the Xsens Device API (XDA) which is completely in C-code. The MT SDK includes the following development tools:
- C++ wrapper
- Examples for C, C++ and Matlab.
- Supported operating systems: Windows and Linux.
- DLL for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- Extensive documentation on the MTw, the XBus protocol and the SDK (PDF and HTML)
MTw Awinda Research Kit
The MTw Awinda Research Kit is a complete research solution for measuring 3D human kinematics.
6 x MTw Awinda Wireless 3DOF Motion Tracker
1 x Awinda Recording and Docking Station
1 x Awinda Receiving Dongle
1 x Awinda Full Body Strap Set
1 x MTw Software Development Kit
1 x Suitcase MTw Awinda DK
(official website : www.xsens.com)